Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Recipe for fun

It's my turn to set the challenge on the Use Your Stuff blog this week.
I am on a big canvas kick these days and this challenge came about because I was wanting to get my hands into some paint again.

The recipe for the challenge is to : add texture, use paint for mist and use a quote or saying.

Here's what I came up with...

I found the saying on Pinterest, a favourite spot to collect quotes.

Here's a detailed shot of some of the texture...
I covered the canvas with tissue wrap then painted the entire canvas turquoise.
I cut the words on my Cameo and stuck them to the canvas then painted over the top with two coats of gesso. Next I decorated with molding paste, stencils and more acrylic paints. After everything was dry I peeled off the letters to reveal the first coat of turquoise.


Have a creative day!


3 comments:

Regan said...

thats fantastic!!!

Melissa Bi. said...

gorgeous! Love the textures and colours.

Glenda T. said...

I love this especially how you did the texture in the honeycomb, was that moulding paste?? This makes me smile.