Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Got me thinking


I read and follow many craft related blogs and sometimes I come across some 
fabulous information. This is one of those occasions I think.

One place I find myself going back to again and again is Layout a Day.com with Lain Ehmann.
I signed up for the news letter and I gotta tell ya I see lots of useful stuff in my in box.

The other day (not sure if it was via Twitter or newsletter) Lain suggested we check 
out a blog post by Stephanie Howell. She blogged about falling into a trap, 
a trap of self doubt regarding her photos.


I'm not a professional scrapbooker or photographer but the quality 
of my photos has prevented me from scrapbooking them. 
Digital photography has changed the way I look at my photos. 
I retake shots, change the filter or camera setting and edit them in PS. 

I repeat....I'm NOT a professional photographer 
and I don't want to be.

It's about the memories and not about the photo quality.



2 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Thank you so much for sharing that post!!! I get caught up in worrying about photographic perfection sometimes. I've even seen some people scrap the "good" photos several times because they didn't want to use bad ones that told more of a story. I think I'm going to feel a little less guilty about using auto now. LOL

Barbara said...

you're so right - it's not about the photo as much as it is about the memory and the feeling behind the photo.