Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Art Journaling


Well hey there you.
Today I thought I would share my first ever art journaling page.
There it is up there ^. It was So much fun to make, just playing around without planning or lengthy decision making. One thing I learned today is that if I am going to include writing and dumpy texture on the same page, I must leaving a spot free for the writing without the texture. duh.
 I found it a little hard to write out this quote by George Cooper over top of the mesh.

"October gave a party; the Leaves by the hundreds came - The Chestnuts, Oaks,
and Maples, and Leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet,
and everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band."



I was inspired to try art journaling by following some talented ladies on their blogs or store sites.
Here are a few (click their names to visit their sites): Karen from The Art House Studio -- Glenda T. -- A Year in the Life of an Art Journal -- Donna Downey (check out her Inspiration Wednesday's)



I was wondering who or what inspired you to try something new recently?


6 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!! I love the texture. Very cool! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm honored that A Year in the Life of an Art Journal is listed with such AMAZING inspiration!!

Regan said...

aaaaaamzing

Heather Landry said...

Such a wonderfully textured dimensional page! I think it's fantastic!!!

Glenda T. said...

Holy Moly Joy, I cannot believe this is your first ever art journal page!!! This is totally gorgeous and I love everything about it. You are a natural girl and I can't wait to see more from you!!! So are ya hooked now?? haha

Deanna said...

Stunning Joy!

Sharon said...

So amazing Joy! I have always wanted to try something like that. You rocked it! If I thought my first try would turn out that gorgeous I would have done it ages ago!